Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Importance of Routine.

    All successful people have a routine. Weather it be to wake up at 5 A.M. and make coffee, go for a run, and begin their work day. Or, they wake up and they meditate, read, eat a bowl of oatmeal and read the newspaper. A routine is essential to getting what you want out of life. Habits, are a good thing to adopt. They say, it takes 21 days for something done repetitively to become habit forming, Meaning, that new routine you started yesterday that seems daunting, will become a habit 20 days from now. Don't give up just yet.

    The importance of ritual comes from times, well beyond our spectrum. Many years ago, our ancestors themselves partook in routine and rituals. Things we consider jobs or sport now days, they considered habit, routine. Foraging for food, scavenging for that little morsel to eat. Hunting, or being hunted sometimes. It was all a survival routine. Now, we go to the supermarket in our car and get a frozen dinner for less than or right at $1.00 and we are good to go. But, in fact, we are not good to go. We have lost, the routine to survive. We put all our success into prepackaged meals, automobiles and reality television.

    Instead of regular human interaction. Instead of hunting, daily for our food. Instead of looking for our means for survival, braving the elements. We live comfortably. I'm, for one, not complaining. I am sitting inside a house, that isn't 28 degrees. With wind, and I don't have to brave the elements. I bring you guys words through electronic devices. But, it deeply saddens me that we have lost our will to achieve a higher self. We pawn our time off onto television and video games. I know, I'm one to talk, I can be found on occasions playing video games.

    My point is, find a routine and follow it. I myself, have adopted a new morning routine. And, I quite enjoy it.

I wake up, and instantly drink at least 1 glass/bottle of water. Before my feet hit the floor.
Next step, foam rolling. All those tight and tense muscles. Getting them nice and loose.
Tai-Chi follows that.
Next up, this blog post.
After that, will come stretching/yoga.
Following that, will be meditation. 
And, lastly, I'll end it all with a nice cup of hot tea, and a semi cold shower.

Now, that will be my routine. That may vary slightly, I may skip the tea and opt for a workout if it's the day to workout.

Nightly routines, are also just as important as morning routines. We fall into this electronic trap, and it keeps us up at night. Television, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, ETC. It all becomes no monogamous, we forget what we are even doing. Instead of that television show you watch right before bed, opt for a chapter in a book. You don't like to read books? Try and audio book. I frequently listen to those. It's all about adopting healthy habits. Weather it be a workout routine, or weather it be simply a routine when choosing food.

    My new nightly routine, will be as follows:
A glass of sleepytime or another form of sleep tea. 
A half bottle or glass of water to follow.
A nightly Stretch/yoga session, short.
A hot shower/bath to release tensions.  
Meditation,

I always end my sessions with meditation, because meditation both frees the mind and the body. It can give you mental clarity as well as physical release of tensions.

  So go out, and map out a routine for yourself. Less electronics, more along the lines of natural, organic means. Pick up a book series, learn about meditation, deep breathing, bioenergetics, tantra, yoga, tai-chi, and adopt some healthy habits for the new year.

Check out my book, How To Get Everything You Want:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/609912

I'm also selling custom made T-shirts, to which half of the proceeds will go towards testicular and prostate cancer charity.
https://teespring.com/liftwithyourbeard

No comments:

Post a Comment