Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Self Reflection and Self Healing

    Good afternoon everyone. I wasn't able to get my videos uploaded this morning or last night, but I can't leave you hanging without a blog post. I have been in deep contemplation these last few months, and it has brought me to this point. Self reflection and self help. These are two of the most important things one can do for themselves.

    A few months ago I was cast into a world of deep depression and anxiety. My world was flipped upside down, and just a month ago it came to a screeching halt. These past weeks, have been hard. And I myself have done quite a bit of soul searching, and self reflection. Sometimes, you don't need others to help you. You don't need someone to hold your hand, what you need is yourself. To self reflect and to search for your soul, your inner power to get yourself through the troubling times you are facing. You see, when we are faced with these times of peril, we often go about it the wrong way and we end up doing more self damage than self healing.

   When I got cast into my deep depression, I took a step back from the world. From friends, and family. I took a step back from everything I was doing and I worked on helping myself and healing. Some things I recommend doing;

-Meditation:
    Meditation can help you to calm your mind and get the mental clarity to stop obsessing over your situation. Meditation can help you align your thoughts and your mental state to be more relaxed and be more calm about what's going on. Deep, relaxing meditation is a self healing method that has been used for thousands of years, and I recommend doing this first and foremost when you wake up to start your day off in a calm state.

-Walking:
    Not only is taking a walk good for clearing your mind, it is good for your health also. Walking gives your heart the exercise it needs to function properly. It also helps your lungs, by breathing in the fresh air. Also, being outside in the sun gives you adequate vitamin D levels, which helps reduce depression and anxiety. It is recommended to walk at least 30 minutes a day, I usually do this after my meditation.

-Drink some tea:
    Seriously, brew you some green tea in the morning after your walk and sip you a glass. I choose this over coffee most mornings, because it has antioxidants as well as flavonoids that help balance your bodies natural immune system. Green tea also has less caffeine than coffee, caffeine is a good pick me up but too much can be detrimental. I usually have between 3 to 6 cups of tea a day, the green tea is only in the mornings though ( I will write another blog post soon about the different  teas I drink).

-Tai Chi:
    I practice Tai Chi in the mornings to help my body move more fluidly and un-tense my body. I use about a 4-10 minute routine just to get the blood flowing. There are various videos and various sources you can find online for routines to follow.

-Stretching/foam rolling/bioenergetics:
    I have talked on bioenergetics before. I learned about it through Elliott Hulse, and it is a good way to energize your body and your mind. I usually start by stretching for a bit, just intuitive stretching and feeling where my body needs it. After that I start my foam rolling routine that usually takes about an hour. After that, I do some bioenergetics, and begin my day after all of the aforementioned. I recommend searching for bioenergetics on YouTube, to get more information about it. The videos will show you the proper techniques on how to perform it on yourself.

That is my daily routine usually. and it has helped me keep on track and get out of my deep pit I was in. I learned to love myself more, and I learned to rely on myself not other people. That is the key to eternal happiness, and the key to making it through hard times. When you are faced with a troubling time, take a step back. Take some YOU time and reflect on what the situation is about. See what you could do NOW not what you could have done THEN. You cannot see a future, with eyes constantly on the past. You need to live in the now, and self heal.

    I find myself often drawn to nature, and the woods in times of peril. Being out with nature can help you really put life into perspective. Going barefoot, and grounding yourself with the earth in the grass for 15-30 minutes a day can aid in anti-depression, anti-anxiety, and help you sleep better at night. I try to go barefoot everywhere I go, and when I cannot I throw on my Vibram Five Fingers or flip flops and get as barefoot as possible.

    Sometimes you need to shut the lights off, put the electronics down and look up at the sky. Go out on a country road, or go to a field and look up at the stars. Look up and see the stars, the moon, the planets, and that will put life into perspective for you. I myself learned that my problems are minute, in comparison to the vast universe we live in.

Live happy.
Live well.
Do some self reflection.
Love yourself.




Check out my book, How To Get Everything You Want:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/609912

And the followup book, 86,400:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/610922

A few posts you may like:
http://coreysperspective.blogspot.com/2015/10/how-do-you-identify-yourself.html
http://coreysperspective.blogspot.com/2016/01/a-wolf-doesnt-concern-himself-with.html
http://coreysperspective.blogspot.com/2016/01/live-in-now.html
http://coreysperspective.blogspot.com/2016/01/feed-negative.html

In case you missed it, or you're new around here:
http://coreysperspective.blogspot.com/2015/10/my-introduction-pt-1.html

I'm also selling custom made T-shirts, to which half of the proceeds will go towards testicular and prostate cancer charity.
https://teespring.com/liftwithyourbeard

No comments:

Post a Comment