Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Three Most Valuable Lessons I learned The Hard Way

     What's going on today everybody? Long night last night getting my video on YouTube processed and up. So, it was a late start to today for me. Hope everyone is having a good Sunday and getting some much needed rest in like myself. I often find myself in deep contemplation on days like this. Slow days, the days that seem to drag on. I find those the best days to catch up on reading, do some deeper meditation than the other days of the week, try something I haven't tried before, go for a hike or a longer walk than usual. I find days like today, the perfect time to really live it up.

     Wouldn't it be nice though, to live everyday that way? Waking up everyday without a care in the world? Waking up everyday and being able to work on yourself, work on your health and wellness. Working on your mental and physical and spiritual self. You can, and I'm about to tell you how.

    You see, a few years ago I found myself interested into becoming my own boss. Not just becoming my own boss, but taking control over my entire life. I decided that I would wake up one day and use my voice to control my life. I made this blog, I made a YouTube channel, and I got some knowledge and became a certified life coach, and got into schooling for other things as well. I now wake up everyday, to better my life and better my future. I wake up as my own boss and I took my life back into my own hands. Now, that's not saying that I will not get a job. I need to get a job, this stuff just doesn't pay what I need. But, doing this is my passion. Find your passion. Take your life back from the corporate greed, take your life back into your own hands.

    Three years ago, when I decided to take my life back I was grasping at every angle possible. I finally found my niche, I finally found what I loved to do. I love to motivate people. I love to heal people, emotionally and physically. I love nature and fitness. This is the avenue I took. Each day I wake up I work towards those goals. I work on my passion. I work on ME. That is the key to eternal happiness, work on YOU first, and the rest after. That is the most valuable lesson I have learned in these last three years. Take care of yourself first and foremost. Whatever that looks like for you, do it. If it means waking up 30 minutes earlier to get your walk in, or your meditation. If it means skipping the lunch with your coworkers to go and get a workout in or to go and get some stretching in or do something for yourself to better your life. It doesn't matter what you have to do to achieve that, it is the most valuable lesson you can learn.

    Think of it this way, it may not make you the most popular person at work. But, you aren't there to win the popularity contest. You are there to do your work and get a paycheck right? If you lost it all right now, and you had nothing, who would be there for you? If the world was falling apart, would those people who you try to impress be there? Fuck no! You would be there though, always take care of yourself first. Always make time for yourself. That goes for any situation, weather work, friendships or relationships. So many of these things fail, because every party involved does not make time for themselves. With that being said, I am not saying ignore everyone else. Simply put, work on yourself before you think you can work on someone else. If you make no time for yourself, your relationships, can crumble without you even knowing why.

    The second most valuable lesson I learned; always let your walk do the talking for you. A lot of people can talk the talk, but can they really walk the walk? You will have a ton of naysayers, no matter what you do or where you go with it. From teachers, to doctors all the way to personal trainers and even being a parent. You will always have people who talk shit, and downgrade you. DO NOT RESPOND TO THESE PEOPLE. That is rule one. They want that, to bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. Instead, let your actions, let your walk do the talking for you. If your actions cannot do the talking for you, than that is something you must analyze on your own personal level. Actions speak way louder than words ever could.

    Don't let those who wish to bring you down, bring you down through negativity. Let those negative comments fuel you. People will talk bad about that which they don't understand, it is human nature. Let them talk, they talk all the talk they can because at the end of the day they cannot walk the walk like you and I can. Let these haters fuel your fire and your desire. If someone truly does back your cause, or what you do, their actions will speak into you more than their words do. They can say that they support you all they want. Are they commenting and giving you constructive criticism, or good vibes? Are they sharing your word or services with their friends and acquaintances? If they say they support you, but do none of these, than what support are they giving you? Trust actions, NOT words.

   That brings me to my final valuable lesson I learned. Your consequences are a direct result of your own actions. That is a bitter and tough pill to swallow for some. It was for me at first. I was the type, like a lot of others, to blame my results on someone else. I always laid the blame on someone else for my own actions. There is a level of maturity one will reach, when faced with their own consequences and they can say "This is my fuck up, and mine alone". We must realize, that no one else makes these choices for us. They may influence what we do, but when it gets down to the core of it you are the only one making the decision. Not them, not anyone but yourself. We need to learn, and quit laying blame on others when shit doesn't work out. When a relationship goes south, both sides argue that it was the other person but fail to see their own misgivings. When you lose your job, it is always the bosses fault for "having it out for you". Car breaks down, and it is the manufactures fault, not the fact that you didn't put oil in it fir 6 months or put gas in it when it needed it.

    That's it you guys, those are the three most valuable lessons I have learned so far. There are more, but these three are the ones that resonate most with me. Work on yourself first, let your walking do your talking for you and keep your consequences on yourself not others. That's it. With those three lessons, you can be as successful as you want to be. I myself learned these lessons the hard way. I have loved and lost, and I have had people walk out of my life simply because I was being an egotistical prick. Don't make the same mistakes I did. Don't be an asshole, and tune in tomorrow for some more motivation.


Check out my book, How To Get Everything You Want:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/609912

And the followup book, 86,400:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/610922

A few posts you may like:
http://coreysperspective.blogspot.com/2015/10/how-do-you-identify-yourself.html
http://coreysperspective.blogspot.com/2016/01/a-wolf-doesnt-concern-himself-with.html
http://coreysperspective.blogspot.com/2016/01/live-in-now.html
http://coreysperspective.blogspot.com/2016/01/feed-negative.html

In case you missed it, or you're new around here:
http://coreysperspective.blogspot.com/2015/10/my-introduction-pt-1.html

I'm also selling custom made T-shirts, to which half of the proceeds will go towards testicular and prostate cancer charity.
https://teespring.com/liftwithyourbeard


No comments:

Post a Comment